The Parramatta Diocese Secondary Schools Sports Council (PDSSSC) was established in 1995 to give all Secondary School students in the Parramatta Diocese formal access pathways to New South Wales Combined Catholic Colleges (NSWCCC), New South Wales All Schools and National School Sporting bodies.
A state wide direction was given by the Bishops in 1995 for all Catholic Schools to unite as one sporting body under their Diocesan banner and form a Sports Council. Prior to 1995, the PDSSSC was the Parramatta Diocese Secondary Schools Sports Association (PDSSSA) and prior to that, it was the Western Regions Sports Association We would like to thank all those teachers who had the foresight and determination to make the effort to set up what has evolved into the PDSSSC.
In 2022, we will be the second largest body in the NSWCCC ranks with 28 member schools covering the whole area of the Parramatta Diocese.
Mission of the PDSSSC
Our Mission is simple
- We aim to give all students in the Parramatta Diocese the best sporting experiences they can have
- We aim to provide an avenue through to the highest level in sport for all students in our Diocese
- We will provide quality competition and opportunities for all students to strive for personal best in their sporting pursuits and endeavours
- We will treat all students with dignity and respect and promote Gospel values at all times
- We will model good sportsmanship and promote the values of sport at all times
- We teach our students to accept victory and defeat as part of their sporting experience.
Sporting Opportunities We Provide
All of our schools are involved in the following events as part of the PDSSSC:
- PDSSSC Swimming Carnival
- PDSSSC Cross Country Carnival
- PDSSSC Athletics Carnival.
All schools have access to the following NSWCCC sports through the PDSSSC:
- Rugby League
- Rugby Union
- Water Polo
We also can assist you with information for NSW All Schools events in
In 2022, we will have a growing interschool competition on Thursday afternoons with 23 schools competing across 3 competitions,
in the following sports:
- Season 1 -
- Competition 1 - Boys - Basketball and Cricket
- Competition 2 and 3 - Boys and Girls - Touch Football, Volleyball and Boys Basketball
- Season 2 -
- Competition 1 - Boys - Football and Rugby League
- Competitions 2 and 3 - Boys and Girls - Football, Rugby League, Ultimate Frisbee and Girls Netball,
- Season 3 -
- Competition 1 - Boys - AFL and Touch Football
- Competitions 2 and 3 - Boys and Girls - OzTag, Cricket, Boys Baseball and Girls Basketball
We also offer Gala Day or similar events in
- Rugby League
What happens after PDSSSC?
This is the next level after PDSSSC.
New South Wales Combined Catholic Colleges (NSWCCC) is the pathway for students in all Catholic Schools in NSW to compete at NSW All Schools level and beyond.
Parramatta Diocese (PDSSSC) is one of the Dioceses or Associations that compete at this level. Schools in the Parramatta Diocese compete at PDSSSC events to gain selection to compete at NSWCCC level. The full list of Dioceses and Associations that compete at the NSWCCC level in 2022 are:
- Broken Bay
- Canberra / Goulburn
- Newcastle / Maitland
- Wagga Wagga
- Wilcannia / Forbes
| Associations in 2022 within NSW (Mainly Sydney Diocese)
|CGSSSSA||Catholic Girls Secondary Schools Sports Association (member schools to be determined)|
NSW All Schools
This is the next level of sport after NSWCCC.
NSW All Schools is the competition between the 3 major groups of schools in NSW.
|NSWCCC||New South Wales Combined Catholic Colleges|
|NSWCHS||New South Wales Combined High Schools|
|NSWCIS||New South Wales Combined Independent Schools|
School Sport Australia
This is the next level after NSW All Schools.
Representatives from all states compete when selected at a national level in School Sport Australia sporting events.